When: Monday – Friday at 9:30 am
Duration: 5 hours
Infants: Children from 0 to 6 years old go for free
Where: Meeting details will be provided on your booking confirmation
Cook authentic Mexican food like a local!
What to Expect:
Get ready to begin your cooking adventure in Playa del Carmen and learn to cook Mexican food with a true local. Chef Alma will lead you through the spice and produce markets within the local neighborhoods where she picks the produces when she cooks for her family; you will also learn about the native ingredients and stories of the life of the people.
Daughter of one of the pioneer Chefs in Playa del Carmen and her mother an extraordinary traditional cook, Chef Alma is the heiress of the love for the cuisine and wonderful seasoning hands of her parents and she will be proud and happy to share the recipes that have delighted the table of her own family for generations.
Meet Chef Alma and cook and eat a Mexican feast in a true local family experience! Book your Playa Del Carmen cooking class today.
- Cooking class by Master Chef, shopping visit to the spice and produces stores
- Bottles of water, soft drinks, all ingredients
- Cooking class by Master Chef for homemade tortillas, salsas and guacamole, side dishes or soup and a main course
Please Note: In all classes you will learn how to make tortillas; we will also cook two to four different salsas, and one or two side dishes and guacamole.
Why Choose Playa Del Carmen Cooking Class?
Authentic Mexican Experience
” It was a fun afternoon preparing and cooking the ingredients , sharing the meal ,talking and getting to know Alma . I highly recommended this cooking class which is an authentic experience you will only get from a small group event . ” -hwaterman. | Nov 2019 Read this review on Trip Advisor
- Mole poblano, all from scratch and step by step
- Tamales (Mom’s recipes)
- Street-style taco feast
- Pozole (Mexico’s finest)
- Chiles rellenos (the family recipe)
- Authentic local cooking experience from market to kitchen
- You will learn to cook Mexican recipes from scratch, like the locals.
- Vegetarian? Vegan? Gluten or dairy-free? Yes, we can accommodate!
- All vegetables, water, and ice are purified.
- Small group class, please book in advance.
Eat your way through five different food stops throughout downtown Playa del Carmen and local neighborhoods beyond the touristy areas.
- Monday - Friday
- Starting at $59
- 2.5 - 3 Hours